Friday, April 10, 2009

The Thing That Made the Things for Which There Is No Known Maker

Every painting needs to have had a painter, and every building needs to have had a builder.

Every thing for which there is no known maker, needs to have been made by something.
Maybe, thousands of years ago, a conversation like this took place... and brought theism into the world. I wonder if the dogmatism came along as quickly as in THIS example?



This is definitely one for the atheists and anti-theists. I don't expect religious folk to really get this one. I probably won't do much debating on this, I get sick enough of explaining myself on what I think are EASY satires to understand.

HUGE thanks to youtube user BigAtomicBird for the Portuguese (and English) subtitles. A huge job done entirely voluntarily!

I say on my channel page that I don't like or attempt to argue against the existence of a God. I think it's a difficult thing to argue, and there are far better minds than mine at work on that anyway. This video is probably the closest I'll ever come to arguing against there being a God, and in fact, I'm actually arguing against the terrible kind of theistic thinking that promotes ignorance and stultifies inquiry into the natural world, the kind of thinking that says "If we don't know the answer to the question, then that OBVIOUSLY means that GODdidit!, end of story."
These characters (some viewers have suggested naming them Ray and Kirk!) don't know the reason that the seasons change. Goddidit! Once upon a time, people didn't know what caused rainbows to appear. Goddidit! How did the bacterial flagellum motor develop? Goddidit! How did life originate? GODDIDIT!!!! So, so lame.


Bah!! I have to confess to an error already, even as I upload it. The biblical cure for leprosy involves TWO birds, not FOUR as I read in the script. (I wonder how many birds were involved in the cure that actually ended the scourge of leprosy?)




Thanks for your support and thanks for enjoying my vids. They are great fun to write and make.


Full name: The thing that made the things for which there is no known maker and that causes and directs the events that we can't otherwise explain and doesn't need to have been made and is the one thing from which you can ask for things that no human can give and without whom we can't be fully happy and is unlimited by all the laws of physics and never began and will never finish and is invisible but actually everywhere at once and who is so perfect that even if he killed millions of people including babies he'd still be perfect and who could even make a virgin pregnant if he wanted to.
(Oh, the bloopers!!! You can imagine...)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...