Saturday, September 12, 2015

Donald Trump On His Religion

Donald Trump was recently discussing his faith, and when he couldn’t name his favorite Bible verse, GOP rival Ben Carson pounced. Trump aggressively defended his “big league” faith.

Cenk Uygur, host of the The Young Turks, breaks it down.



"When conservatives start attacking each other's faith, then you know it's on. In today's GOP, candidates define themselves by their religion so they can court evangelical voters so Ben Carson's attack on Trump's faith is a big deal...

"Probably the biggest thing -- I've realized where my success has come from and I don't in anyway deny my faith in God," Carson said.

He explained what he meant by quoting what he said was one of his favorite bible verses.

"By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches and honor and life and that's a very big part of who I am. I don't get that impression with him," Carson said of Trump. "Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't get that.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...